ACOEM Work Fitness & Disability Section (and ACOEM member-friends) main@ACOEM-WFDSection.groups.io
Welcome! This private and moderated e-group is open to all ACOEM members
ESPECIALLY those in the Work Fitness and Disability Section. We hope you
will join our section. You can pay your dues by calling ACOEM at
ACOEM's Work Fitness and Dis/Ability Section:
1. Supports the development of special expertise among ACOEM members by providing education, training, and mentoring in all aspects of impairment and work disability. This includes patient assessment and management, as well as outcomes management techniques for dis/ability prevention, mitigation, and return-to-work planning. It also includes understanding dis/ability policy and plan design, organizational dynamics, and how to work with all involved parties.
2. Provides expertise to ACOEM for communication with others about how occupational medicine physicians can assist others by assessing impairment and mitigating work disability in individuals whose illness or injury has temporarily or permanently affected their ability to work, or whose fitness for a particular type of work is unclear.
3. Advocates for the inclusion of functional outcomes as a way to demonstrate the effectiveness of medical care for all specialties.
4. Advocates for the continued development and expanded use of standardized guidelines, methods and technology in order to improve the consistency, accuracy, fairness, and usefulness of physician evaluations and opinions regarding work fitness, work disability and/or impairment
(1) Please remember that nothing we do using this list-serv and its associated website can ever be REALLY private (since stuff can be copied, pasted, and forwarded). So write as though your comments will appear in the New York Times or on Fox News -- because they might!
(2) All opinions and communications by members of this e-group reflect their views and opinions only, and are not necessarily representative of all members or of the official position of the College.
(3) Messages are automatically sent to the moderator for review and "quality assurance" before being released to the entire group. Moderator enforces group rules (no rudeness, vitriol, blatant self-promotion, irrelevancy, or similar inappropriate stuff is allowed). Moderator review often includes spell checking, formatting, and other text editing (our Humiliation Prevention Services). The moderator will return postings for clarification when necessary, and reserves the right to refuse any posting,
HOW TO REPLY TO EMAILS you have received from ACOEM-WFDSection:
(1) Simply click REPLY and enter your message in the blank email that comes up. Remember to remove unnecessary text (prior emails, footers, etc.) below your message.
(2) Address your message to the individual who wrote the email. Your message will go only to that person.
HOW TO START A NEW TOPIC and send it to the whole group, address it to ACOEM-WFDSECTION@groups.io
To change your subscription: https://groups.io/org/groupsio/ACOEM-WFDSection/editsub
To subscribe: ACOEM-WFDSectionemail@example.com
To unsubscribe: ACOEM-WFDSectionfirstname.lastname@example.org
To correspond with Group Owner: email@example.com or ACOEM-WFDSectionfirstname.lastname@example.org
For canned help info: ACOEM-WFDSectionemail@example.com
- 574 Members
- 2,126 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.